Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Day Has Finally Come

Ben broke his arm this morning.  I really thought he would never break anything. He's not into many sports. His main hobbies are reading, watching cartoon network, and legos.  A few days ago, I noticed him climbing a lot - trees, furniture, anything elevated...

This morning, Sadie and I were outside and I heard him screaming.  I ran inside, and he told me he had fallen off the bed headfirst and used his left arm to brace himself.  He had been leaning against the post at the foot of our bed and lost his balance. I initially thought he had just sprained his wrist, but as the wailing became louder and louder, I knew it was broken.  I scrambled to get some shorts on him, some pants on me, and Sadie's diaper bag packed.

We went to Greg's office, and it was a confirmed fracture. Greg splinted him, and he will see the ortho tomorrow for casting.

He is definitely "milking" his condition.  He has a new gumball machine, has watched cartoons ALL DAY, can surprisingly still play Wii and computer games (hmmm...), and has completed no worksheets or read any books.

I am just so glad he is ok :).

A big thanks to our friend Reagan for watching the kids while I went to the store to buy more medicine, baby wipes, and milk.  I will be more prepared for traumas in the future.

No comments: