Friday, July 22, 2011

Sapp Dinner And The Dentist

Last night, we had dinner with the Sapp family.  We love this family. Doug (otherwise known as Happy the Clown) had a new pacemaker inserted on Wednesday and came through the procedure with no complications :)



Greg and Doug looked at the xrays for about an hour. I learned a few things...

But, let us get to the important things :)  The meal was fantabulous.  I haven't had a home-cooked meal in approximately 12 days.  Lynette is the BEST cook/baker.  Greg is probably regretting his choice in marriage.

Meatballs
Mashed Cauliflower (think mashed potatoes)
Eggplant Casserole (AMAZING)
Corn
Homemade Ice Cream
Chocolate Cream Pie

When we were leaving, Greg said "You realize, you actually ate 15 meatballs". Oops.
Greg ate a lot as well, including a hefty portion of the dessert, so he didn't really get to me.

Ok, enough about the food.

Reagan will be leaving in February.  She will travel for A YEAR to teach in China. She is AMAZING with children and I have no doubt she will accomplish everything that she desires.  I'm sure she has some hesitancy, but who wouldn't?  I love that she always listens to Him. She is such an inspiration.

In other news...
I took Ben to the dentist earlier in the day.  He was scheduled for August, but I was able to get him in earlier. He talked through the entire visit, which made it a bit longer than planned :)  No issues regarding decay, but they did give him a timer to make sure he brushes for 2 minutes at a time.  I did it with him. I brush  5 times/day (I'm weird), but, I have to say it was difficult to brush that long.  Anyway, FINALLY the dentist addressed orthodontics.  I have been waiting for this discussion for a while.  He will have a consultation next week and we can transfer the records to Nebraska.  He will either have braces or an appliance.  We will see...



I skipped workout this morning in lieu of snuggling with the hubs. Not a good choice considering the 15 meatballs I ate!

No comments: