Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Hump Day

Whew! Long time, no blog. Greg was out of town for a few days helping his mom install wood floors, so it was just me and the kiddos and not a lot of extra time.

Today is another snow day, so Ben is busy scooping the drive and sidewalks. He is out of school for the rest of the week. It seems like he is out of school more than he is in school..

He brought home some recent work and I just really love this one assignment. It's called the "I am poem".

I am: smart.
I wonder: if we will ever find other intelligent life.
I hear: talking, writing, typing.
I see: papers, computer screens, televisions.
I want: world peace.
I am: creative.
I pretend: to fly helicopters high above the ground.
I feel: laminated wood, plastic, and silicone.
I touch: fur, blankets, and more fur.
I worry: the world will crack in half under my feet.
I cry: not very often.
I am: normal.
I understand: feelings of younger children.
I say: my own opinions, without fear.
I dream: the world will be a tranquil place.
I try: to exercise, but my so called "abs" aren't to be tampered with,
I hope: the same as I dream.
I am: me.

Love, love, love it!

I also served Ben his first "Egg in a Hole" the other morning and have made it for him three times since ;) He's a fan.


Ms. Sadie is partying it up at school in celebration of Valentine's day.



She wasn't feeling photogenic this morning, despite her super cute outfit.


And I bought our plane tickets for Gulf Shores last night. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


No comments: