Tuesday, October 5, 2010


I was just now able to upload Ben's regatta win. We were so excited!

Now, on to the EEG. Two words: NO FUN.  There is always humor in stressful situations.  When the pager went off around 8:30 am, I was asleep in the chair.  I was so disoriented that I almost fell down, and they asked me if I needed a wheelchair.  Nice. We both woke at 3 am,  so by the time the tech started mapping her head and attaching electrodes, she was hysterical.  Listening to your child scream for 30 minutes straight and watching tears stream down her face is horrible.  I feel so bad for those mothers out there who go through this weekly or see their child in pain constantly.  I can't even fathom what they go through. 

Once the electrodes were on and no one was touching her, she was awesome.  Passed right out.  Thank you God.  If I had to go through it again, I would need a sedative.  Of course, I was standing over the tech's shoulder the whole time asking if everything was normal.  His response?  "The doctor will give you the results, ma'am."  I already knew the answer, but sometimes I can break people down enough to give me a "looks normal to me".  No such luck.  She has no signs of seizures, but the docs are just ruling everything out.



And then we went to breakfast and took long naps and all was better.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18:

“Therefore we do not lose heart.

Though outwardly we are wasting away,

yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

For our light and momentary troubles

are achieving for us an eternal glory

that far outweighs them all.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen,

but on what is unseen.

For what is seen is temporary,

but what is unseen is eternal.”


ron said...

Dear Sarah and Greg-What a stressful day you have been through! I pray that everything with sweet Sadie is OK. God has given you her because she is in the BEST possible place for her, He will show you the way. I wish I was closer to you all so I could help you but please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I know that Grandma Francie and Grandpa Ed are watching out for her. Enjoy this time-kids have a way of growing up on you! Lots of love to you all-Ann (your aunt, who is perpetually 29 years old!)

Cindy said...

I am glad she settled down, I am sorry you have to watch her upset, but I know she is comforted by having amazing parents!
The picture of her concentrating on the package of Smucker's is adorable... food makes everything better!

rachel said...

all things shall be well. all things shall be well. all things shall be well. and all manner of things shall be well. --st. julian

you guys are in my thoughts and prayers daily, for your comfort and for God to continue the good work already happening in your family. you're doing such an amazing job, each of you, being who God is asking you to be, even on the hard days.


Melissa said...

This girl can even look gorgeous with electrodes stuck to her head!

Love her so much!!

hotmessmomma said...

Yeah, no mom should have to go through that. When Ava got tubes in her ears, we were waiting in the wrong room and so it took them a while to find us after she woke up. Talk about heart-breaking! My baby was crying for me and I couldn't do anything! By the way, those mom sedatives are easy to get--they are called "alcohol". Always makes things better! ;)

hotmessmomma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Also- the boys make me show them the race video of Ben winning everyday. The love it and always cheer when he wins!