Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Good News!

Ben's cast was removed yesterday! He now has a velcro splint on, which is such a relief.  He is able to take it off as needed :)  I was tired of giving him baths!  His arm muscles have definitely atrophied, but they will build up in no time.

Ben FINALLY learned to ride a bike.  Grandma Deb bought him a new bike.  We just haven't had the time to teach him, but clearly he did not need any coaching.  It took him 5 seconds to fly away. I cried. Unfortunately, there will not be any bike riding until his wrist is completely healed.  He is only allowed to ride his scooter.

Speaking of his scooter, he is on it ALL THE TIME.  Every child in this neighborhood has a scooter and they spend hours riding them.  Last night, we had an impromptu play date with 5 kids playing Pictureka.  I love this street.  I'm constantly buying snacks and drinks to feed them all. I don't mind at all :)

Greg flies in this weekend! I can't wait! We all miss him so bad.  He texted me this morning saying all that he was missing was me in his arms. So sweet!  There have been some stressful days and some phone arguments, but everything will come together when he finally says goodbye to Texas.

Sadie is having a little bit of separation anxiety (as in "do not leave this room or I will scream"), but that is to be expected with this transition.  She is also having a little GI problem, but Greg mailed our "miracle ointment" to Nebraska and it has made a huge difference on her bottom. Wondering if it is stress or a virus.  She doesn't want to eat, but is drinking well.

Sadie has her team appointment on Thursday. The PT, OT, SLP, coordinator, and teacher will be meeting at our house to discuss the plan of action.  Sadie starts school soon!

We attended church on Sunday.  It was sooo small!  Unfortunately, Ben and Sadie were the only children there.  We will explore a few others, but it was still comforting to read from the BCP and take communion.

We also went to the Columbus Days parade.  It was VERY HOT.  I know that is hard to believe, but it really was.  We left after an hour (Sadie was beet red), but Ben was able to catch some candy and we enjoyed some kettle corn and cold drinks.

No pictures/video for now.  My phone is not cooperating :(

In other news, my sister started her surgical tech program yesterday. I am SO PROUD OF HER!  I know she will love it and surpass all expectations given!

That's all for now :)

No comments: