Friday, August 19, 2011

Happenings

Sadie had her evaluations for therapy on Wednesday.  There were 5 therapists in her room!


She was a bit overwhelmed, to say the least.  I have already registered her at one school, but am visiting another today based on Auntie Ann's recommendation.  Ann and Katie (her daughter) came to visit yesterday for a few hours and it was so nice!  I need some adult interaction! Once the house is finished, I will branch out and find some play groups, a bible study, etc.

Ben is doing well in school, but forgot his homework yesterday. Luckily, the school was still open and we were able to make it back to his classroom.  The teacher told me he was having some "listening issues".  This is so typical of Ben during the first few weeks of school.  He just wants to talk and interact with everyone.  He has received some stickers for other attributes though, so I am trying to go easy on him for now.  Ben also said he wasn't "very attractive" at this school, meaning he's only met a few friends thus far.  I reminded him that it takes time.  He has met at least 10 friends in the neighborhood, so I don't know why he is worried :)

Last night there was a HUGE storm.  The tornado sirens went off and down we went to the basement.  The kids are a bit tired this morning because we were down there til' 9 or so, but we will try for an earlier bedtime tonight.  Luckily, there was no significant damage and no tornado.

I still have so much to hang and many boxes to unpack, but I am motivated!  Starbucks might be on my list today.


No comments: