Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's Almost Friday!

It has been a crazy week around here...

Sadie continues to scream when I leave the room, so I have been able to unpack around 2 boxes this week. Not good.

Ben received a note in his planner reporting he was having some major listening issues.  This was strike 3 for him, so I had to ground him from electronics (1 week of no TV, Wii, computer, DS) and outside time (just one night for the outside time).  This leads to "I'm so bored" about a thousand times, which is a nightmare.  I think (pray) he has learned his lesson, though.  Yesterday, there were no notes and 100's on his homework and reading test.  He played outside for about 5 hours!  The neighborhood kids came over for at least an hour.  I think they come in because I always give them chocolate :) There are two girls who love to play with Sadie and that is sooo nice.  She loves them.  The temps were down last night so Sadie and I spent some time on the front lawn watching everyone ride their scooters.  I met another mom last night who is so nice.  I think I'm up to 7 moms on the block.  I am seriously struggling to remember parent/children names!

Last night I grilled steak and made garlic/parmesan mashed potatoes.  Ben had to finish his meal before going back out to play.  It was hilarious watching those children stand over him, coaching him to scarf it down.  Sometimes he even asks to eat on the porch so he doesn't miss anything.

Today is a full day.  Sadie's therapy team (all 6 of them) meet at the house this morning for a meeting regarding her goals.  Then, I finally get an hour of ME TIME.  Auntie Ann is coming over to watch Sadie. Yay!  Tonight, we have Sadie's orientation at school.  I have loads of paperwork to fill out.

Tomorrow, Greg flies in!  Ann will be picking him up at the airport.  I have a HUGE list for him, but I realize we will only get around to a few things.  Saturday, we are going to Popcorn Days in  North Loup.  It will be nice to hang out with the family.  Sunday, Grandma Deb is coming to drive Greg back to the airport and stay for an extra day to help me out around the house.

I can't believe it's almost September!  Sadie's 3rd birthday is right around the corner.  I have some serious planning to do!

That's all for now.  I need to get started on everything while the kids are still slumbering.

3 comments:

Mom said...

She's afraid you'll go away like Daddy. Poor sweet girl.
Grandma Lucy loves you all and misses you all so very much.

Christina said...

Sounds like you guys found an swesome neighborhood! What a great move!

our lady of perpetual stuff and nonsense said...

i wish i could come over with three bottles of wine and old year books, and help you unpack. i might even share the wine.

love you!

--rachel