Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekend

Yesterday
We had a good time swimming yesterday. The weather and water were warm.  Sadie screamed when we first got in, but she adjusted rather quickly.  Ben swam for a good 3 hours. He is my little fish! Laura's husband came home towards the end and took the boys muddin' in his Polaris. Ben was grinning from ear to ear. He passed out shortly after we loaded up!
Today
Palm Sunday! We attended Sunday School/church (with the annual walk around the block, waving our palms, and following a donkey!) this morning. The kids just LOVE the donkey! The sermon was a good one (complete with kudos to U2's "Sunday, Bloody Sunday").  Sadie was a grump by the end of the service (Greg was in a bit of a mood as well), so she was taken home by Dad, and Ben and I had a lunch date.  He chose Carino's. We haven't been there in years, but it was really good. I had a side salad and some calamari and Ben had penne with butter/cheese/meatballs, an entire loaf of bread, and a chocolate sundae! He also tried some (a lot) of my calamari, which he really enjoyed.  Unfortunately, the conversation turned to "How many tentacles/eyes do squid have?", "How do they actually kill the squid?", etc. I wish that would have halted my intake, but it didn't...I know better than to eat fried food. I'm still hurting 8 hours later...

I took a short nap when we arrived home, then started on some continuing education. Two hours and 178 pages later, I printed out my certificate good for 16 hours.  So glad I finished it today!  Greg did some therapy with Sadie.

Tomorrow
I'm hoping to work out at the gym, get Ben registered for a Lego summer camp, organize/clean, and get Ben to piano after his massive amount of Monday homework!





No comments: