Saturday, March 27, 2010

Worn Out!


Yesterday
I woke at 5:30 yesterday morn to begin preparing for the day! I had bags to pack, clothes to lay out, and a truck to fill.  As a co-chair for the Spring Carnival at Ben's school, I was expected to arrive early and stay late!  And that I did. The carnival was a success! I have a new respect for the parents who take on these events.  I truly had no idea what they entail!  I haven't been this sore in a long time...I should definitely do more squats/weights at the gym.  My husband was Superman yesterday. He took care of Sadie all day, arrived early to take Ben (carting Sadie along in the carrier) to Family Kite Day at school, took the kids to the Spring Carnival/dinner, and then had enough energy to take both kids to Ben's karate session last night at 7 pm! I have no pics of Spring Carnival to share because I honestly did not stop moving for 12 hours, but here are some Greg took with his phone at Family Kite Day.
Sadie is more interested in the texture of the grass.  She did have some cute hot pink sandals and a flower bow laid out in the morning.  Men have no interest in accessorizing! I was a little sad...

Today
Greg woke with the kids this morning and let me sleep in til 9, even though his was scheduled to be at the office at 10! So sweet! He even made eggs, toast, and grits for the kids. And then we got into an argument about something really petty. Can't leave out the not so perfect stuff!  This is a pic of Sadie's am therapy.  She puts her hands/belly on the ball for stability, but we are trying to get her to put her hands on the parallel bars.  She is getting there.

Food
On Thursday, I made some delicious Chinese food.  I would like to thank the demo cooks at Central Market for giving me this recipe: vermicelli (in the Asian foods section; soaked, then sauteed), lean ground hamburger, green onion, water chesnuts, tons of ginger, and a Kung Pao finishing sauce.  I have eaten it for three meals straight. I do wish I would have picked up some wasabi, but now I will know for next time.

Later
Today, we are headed to a friend's house to swim.  I met Laura at a birthday party, and we have a lot in common. She has an older child with autism (Savannah), and a boy Ben's age (Joel).  She and her husband are hilarious (with that sarcastic edge that I can really appreciate).  It is so easy to talk with parents who have special needs children.  I feel like I can say anything (even if its negative).  They have an outdoor pool, but it is heated. I know the kids will have a good time.  I'm not super excited about getting into a swimsuit, but I definitely care a lot less these days. Getting old for sure!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

So, did everyone like the elephant, lady bug (and I can't remember what the other thing was..)?