Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekend :)

Saturday, we managed to accomlish many tasks.  Aren't lists crucial for moms?  If I don't make one, it doesn't get done.  First stop: the grocery store to pick up a plethora of fresh herbs.  Ben's scout group has a collection project and he chose to collect fresh herbs. Love him!

We then drove to the local pottery place (The Mudd Hut) so the children could make some special v-day gifts for dad.  Last year, I didn't plan early enough, not realizing it takes a week to have everything glazed and fired.  I actually completely let go of my Type A side and let Ben paint whatever he wanted :)  Sadie was surpisingly good and only screamed when I painted her hand and pressed it to the mug.  And, no, it looks nothing like a hand, but Greg won't mind :)



Next, we were off to a local boutique to buy Sadie some new church shoes for the spring.  I had looked at Target and Wal-Mart, but no such luck.  Turns out I hit the jackpot.  There was one pair of discontinued shoes in her size and I was given them at  75% off! WooHoo!  It's the small things, people.

The weather was so gorgeous yesterday, so when Ms. Sadie woke from nap we took a walk down the trail by our house.  She rode her Amtryke.  She has special gloves that velcro her hands to the tryke, but she always manages to break free from the right one.  She had a little tantrum and bonked her head.  Needless to say, she has quite a bruiser under her right eye. I have to say she was quite a trooper with the ice pack, so I know it must have really hurt.  The other children (Ben and 2 dogs) remained unscathed.

This morning, we had a nice church service, made a small trip to the grocery store, and are now working on laundry and prepping dinner for tonight.  I made a wonderful corn/black bean/avocado/tomato/vinegar/cilantro relish to top on some taco salads tonight.  Hope the boys will partake.  Thanks Reagan and Christy for the idea.  I have tons of fresh herbs to use this week due to Ben's project.  Some future meals include grilled salmon w/ dill sauce, roast pork w/ rosemary, and a few others :)  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!


No comments: