Monday, February 21, 2011

Wonderful Weekend

Friday night started off with the Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts.  Ben received multiple achievement beads, his golf and music beltloops, his wolf patch, a "scouting for food" patch (a neighborhood can drive we did), and a "magic of scouting" patch (popcorn sales).  Thank you Ms. Reagan for taking care of my baby!  It was so much fun to have some one-on-one time with Ben :)

My mom arrived Friday night and we chatted, watched tv, and planned our next day.

Saturday morn, we were up early and went on a 3 mile walk.  And when I say "we", I mean Mom, Ben, Sadie, Louis, Charlie, and myself- a full crowd.

I was a little jealous of Greg's new shoes, so I bought some for myself and love them!

They are very comfortable, yet hard to get on.

We dined at Roadhouse, where Ben ate his typical rack of ribs and baked potato, Mom opted for a filet, and I had my normal grilled chicken salad.  Sadie girl just shares with the family.

Sunday morning, Ben and I went to Newgate Mission to serve lunch.  I have to say, he was a totally different child from the last time (4 months ago).  Rather than cowering in the back, he proudly served the people (and with good manners).  I did make him step out of his comfort zone and go into the dining area and meet people and chat.  I've always told him that we are all equal in God's eyes, but it is a difficult concept for a 7 year old.  It shouldn't be, but it is.  There was one particular child who really took interest in Ben and hugged us both as we were leaving. What a sweetie.

I have been dying to see Never Say Never.  I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan, but I love a feel good story just as much as the next guy (um, girl).  So, I packed up both children yesterday.  Greg thought I was crazy (he was working), but Sadie loves music (and M&Ms and popcorn), so I was able to watch the entire movie :)  I must have cried no less than 50 times.  Ben may have been slightly annoyed by the number of times I trieed to hold his hand and love on him, but I don't care :)  Go see it!

Mouth full of some type of sour candy!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week :)

No comments: