Monday, December 6, 2010

Harrison Birthday!

This weekend, we traveled to Austin for my nephews' 8th birthday party.  The trip there went fairly well.  We stopped At Dickey's in Buffalo so the children (including Greg) could eat, then headed to Grandma Lucy's house.  Sadie was not too impressed with her accomodations (Pack n Play).  She started screaming like mad and continued to for quite a while, despite book reading, milk cups, singing, etc.  It was a bit stressful.  Luckily, Ben can sleep through anything.  I finally was able to get her down.  When I woke in the morning, I couldn't find Greg.  I went out to the van and found him sleeping there!  He said he was just so tired, that he made the decision to go rest in peace.  In his defense, he has been working like mad and is exhausted.  I still couldn't believe it, though.
Saturday morning, the family (sans Greg) headed to the Harrison household to hang out and work on party preparations.  The kids played, this momma napped, and we built gingerbread houses.  Well, sort of.  I am not very crafty and managed to make one collapse.  Luckily, the boys didn't care about all of the details, ate a few bites, and then threw them away. Miles and Julian opened their presents from us and then we were outta there.  No girls allowed!  It was a boy sleepover.  From what I hear, there was a huge turnout, an amazing treasure hunt, yummy food, a small fire, and lots of fun!  Greg was there to help out with all of the testosterone.
The girls headed to Salt Grass for dinner.  I had my beloved stuffed jalepenos, Sadie had a sweet potato and asparagus, and mom had steak.  Sadie stared mom's steak down the whole meal and ended up eating half of it.  That's my girl!  We headed home for some relaxation.  I love just sitting on my mom's couch and chatting.  Her house is so warm and inviting.  She gave me a devotional book and we read together.  She also gave me a very generous donation for our angel wreath at church :)
 On the way home to Longview, we had a little discussion about moving closer to family.  We love being around the crowds, laughing, and watching our children play together.  Who knows what the future will hold? 

No comments: