Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Starving

Well, not starving in the physical sense.  Anyone who has seen me lately can notice the extra poundage.
More like starving in the spiritual and emotional sense.  More like "Lord, please give me more purpose and let me serve you."
 
Today, I actually did a nutrition assessment for a pediatric tube fed patient!  This may not be at all exciting to you, but I have not been able to work in 2 years.  I LOVED working in the ICU.  I LOVE to help people and see positive outcomes. I NEEDED this and He gave it to me when I asked.
 
 
When I opened up my devotional book this morning, it said
 
"I have meat to eat that ye not know of."
"Meat is to sustain the body.  To do the Will of God is the very strength and support of Life.  Feed on that Food.  Soul starvation comes from the failing to do and delight in doing."
 
Today, I fed my soul.


1 comment:

Shelley said...

Wow! God is good. He gives us just what we need :) Can't wait to see you!