Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Best Way to Spend Your Money

Ok, so it's not for everyone, but Greg and I started marriage counseling a few weeks ago.  I'm sure a lot of people do this when they are on the brink of divorce (and I am not at all judging), but not so in our case.  As you can imagine, we deal with daily issues regarding our daughter, and we often take that out on each other in frustration.  I contacted one of our church members (thank you Reagan!), who gave us the name of a wonderful marriage/spiritual counselor.  We have seen him twice (and have no intention of cessation), and he has been such a wonderful vehicle for our communication.  If you don't know us well, we are two very stubborn individuals, and in a life that can be very stressful, this could be detrimental to a marriage.  Every session makes our marriage grow stronger.  It is so nice to have a "middle man" who is able to translate what each spouse is struggling with :) Greg and I are truly best friends and are in it "for better or for worse", but, of course, trying times can challenge your faith and strength.  I feel closer to Greg than I ever have, and I am so grateful to God for giving us this guidance.  I know we can make it through any challenge.  God led me to Greg for a reason. There will be struggle in our lives, but I know I can count on him in any situation :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So good!!! (and sweet!)

our lady of perpetual stuff and nonsense said...

so proud of you! so proud that you shared this! you guys are amazing.

love you,
rachel