Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happenings

Yesterday, we went to visit the school Sadie will attend in the fall.  She will be in a PPCD class, which stands for Preschool Program for Children With Disabilities.  While it was difficult, I loved seeing Sadie smile and laugh during the activities.  She would only attend 3 hours/day, so that was comforting.  It did break my heart to see the other children. One boy held my hand the entire visit.  It is difficult enough to see my own child struggle, but to see multiple children struggle is so hard.  Luckily, I held it together until I was able to make it to the car :)  Greg was there during the visit and held my hand as I cried afterward at the hurt I felt for our daughter and these other children.  Ok, enough of that little pity party.  The point is, Sadie will thrive at that school and will not miss me at all for those 3 hours :)



My precious girl playing with her Buzzy Bee.  Daddy bought this for her, and it is her favorite.





Later, we went to visit another precious girl.  Baby Blair Louise was born yesterday morning and her parents were sweet enough to let me hold her for quite some time.  She is absolutely perfect :)




Sadie did give me the evil eye and scream at me a few times.  Could she really be jealous?  No worries, sweet girl.  You have me forever.

Today, Sadie and I went to Bible study.  I was so surprised that the girls had a little birthday celebration planned for my me and brought my favorite breakfast tacos, muffins, and fruit.  They also brought a balloon and a gift certificate for a pedicure.  So sweet! Thank you girls :)

In other news, my walking/running pal and I did some running today at the local high school track.  And then we did some stands.  Haven't done those in a LONG time, but I took them two at a time :)  I'm sure I will feel it tomorrow!




1 comment:

cindy said...

Pictures are great, but I am so glad you are posting videos! I love them :)