Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birthday

I started off the day with a trip to the track.  Did more stands this time, and I am definitely feeling it this morning.  I then scurried around to get everyone ready for the day. Ben needed to be at school by 7:30 for assembly and Sadie needed to be at Windridge to ride by 8:30 (a 30 minute drive away).  I fed her "breakfast" (yogurt pretzels) at the grocery store in between :) Later, Sadie and I met Greg for a real breakfast.  It is becoming very clear to me that Sadie will start requiring her own plate.  I ordered eggs Benedict and she ate more than half! I planned on cleaning the house upon arrival home, but Sadie decided she would not be napping, so I was only able to put up the laundry and make my bed :) Picked up Ben from school and went to buy the weekly toy.  This may sound like he is spoiled, but if he makes "green" all week and does all of his chores, he is able to get something $10 or under. He cannot open the toy until all chores are done.  Yesterday, he cleaned his room, unloaded the dishwasher, picked up toys in Sadie's room, and cleaned out my car.  I wanted him to vacuum, but he isn't able to do that yet :( Can't wait for that!

Greg was working, but made every attempt to make my day special.  I received these in the mail from my sweet husband.
Ben asked me which card I liked best. You know what my response was.  I love when he picks out his own card and signs it.  He even signed it for Sadie :)

My sweet family gave me some great gifts as well.

Matching shams for my duvet from my mom


A check from my mother-in-law, Debbie - can't go wrong with $


A gift card for Ulta from my sister - we all know I could use this

Sadie gave me a great gift by wearing her arm immobilizers and glasses for over 2 hours!

Greg arrived home with sushi (woohoo!) and we all (minus Sadie who had early bed due to poor napping) listened to our new audio book.

Ben asked if he could sleep with me and I obliged.  He was out within 30 seconds and didn't kick me constantly :)

What a great birthday!


1 comment:

Christina said...

Happy Birthday!

I love the books and have been wanting a pair like that too.

Sounds like you had a blessed day!