Monday, March 21, 2011

A Visit With Uncle Jim!

Last minute, I was able to orchestrate a quick trip to Ft. Worth to see my uncle Saturday night.  He is the manager for Josh Turner, who was playing at Billy Bob's.  I had such a great time.  Definitely had no idea how successful this artist was until I saw his entourage upon arrival.  It was so wonderful to visit with my uncle (although short) and so interesting to see how successful he is as a manager.  Josh Turner is such an amazing artist, as is his wife.  They travel as a family (all 3 children were asleep on the bus with the nanny) and are so down-to-earth.  I was able to sit on the side of the stage and watch the show :)


See a resemblance?


Such a cutie! And talk about a voice and some stage presence!
I truly do not know how he can put on this brilliant smile for 50+ pictures, but he does.

I also loved my hotel room that my hubby booked for me last minute.  He is such a sweetheart for letting me leave on a whim on one of his few weekends off :)  It would have been such a great date, but someone has to take care of the children.


No comments: