Friday, July 16, 2010

She's Got A Way

 

It's been a hard week for Greg and I.  We are just sad for our little girl.  She is doing well, but as her 2nd birthday approaches, we are filled with grief and anger and a lot of "why's".  This is just true honesty.  We hurt for her.  We want so much for her.  And yet we know we are so lucky to have her.  She is an amazing, beautiful, ornery princess.  I wake in the night with panic, but her sweet smile warms me every morning and makes everything ok again.  She is doing so much more this week than she has ever done.  God is good, and I know this life on earth is short and imperfect.  There is so much more to come. That is what gets me through.


4 comments:

Melissa said...

I know there are no words that will make you feel better. You handle everything with such grace and ease, that I always forget how hard it must really be. When I am with Sadie, I never see what she can't do, only what she is doing, which always makes me smile. I always forget there is anything "wrong" with her because of just how amazing and adorable she is. I don't know what the future holds, but if Sadie is ANYTHING like her momma, she will overcome any obstacle in her way- SHE WILL PLOW IT DOWN.

I love you so much.

Anonymous said...

Sarah, she is such a little blessing, and is so lucky to have you and Greg as parents!
Cindy

Tricha said...

Sarah,
You and Greg are so STRONG! and So is Sadie. She is just a joy and a gift which I know you already know. But I could not think of a better mommy and daddy for Sadie, You would move heaven and earth for her and because of that she is going to surprise and thrill us all. I pray peace to your family my dear friend.
Love
Tricha

Mom said...

I love this precious family so much. I know God gave Sadie to the family He knew would love and take care of fher...help her to be the best she can be. She could not ask for better parents and of course, she has the most amazing big brother!
I love you you all so much!