Monday, July 19, 2010

Hodgepodge

This is a post of this and that.
 
1.  This weekend was spent doing a lot around the house, including outside work, closet thinning for the kiddos (sheesh), and general cleaning.
 
2.  Today, I scheduled an annual Terminex inspection for termites and pest treatment. Yay for no evidence of termites!  Gross that they found some rat droppings in the attic and laid some bait.  Not bait that will kill rats, but will only dehydrate them and send them on their way.  In all fairness, the workers may have been lying to me.  I think they could tell I am not into killing animals after our initial "interview".  In other news, the pest guy told me he left the attic stairs down (because they wouldn't go back up), and I completely erased it from my mind and went to run some errands with the kiddos.  While backing out, I watched the garage door hit the attic stairs and completely go off line.  Not good.  My common sense is seriously lacking.  I can admit that.  Needless to say, my husband actually repeated it back to me when I called him with the news:  "You're saying you knew the attic door was down, backed out anyway, and watched it hit the attic stairs?"  "Yes, sir.  That's what I'm saying."
 
3.  Yesterday, I made a tie blanket for our sweet friend, Ashley, who is battling rejection of her bowel.  Please follow her blog at http://www.ashleyadamsjournal.blogspot.com/ .  Please continue to pray for her.  She and her family are so strong.  I know she will pull through.  I know it.
 
4.  I'm excited about Sadie's upcoming 2nd birthday!  The planning has begun!
 
5.  Today, Ben and I had "board game day", which consisted of: Sorry, Hi-Ho Cheerio, Candyland, Creationary, Rhino Rampage, and more.   We had a lot of fun!
 
6.  Yesterday, I went to the gym, warmed up on the elliptical, and then actually ran for 10 minutes straight.  I think I could have gone longer, but I just had to stop because I don't run.  It just couldn't be true.  Was I actually running?  It may have been a dream.  Updates to come...
 
7.  Sadie's left eye strabismus has returned.  We called the optho last week, but played phone tag with the nurses.  We knew she needed patching again, but when we tried it x 2 yesterday, sister just ripped it off.  Good for her! and not so good for her... We will try again for a few days, but if she absolutely will not tolerate it, we will have to move to drops (boo!).
 
8 And lastly, I'll leave you with a short video of  Sadie during our daily am therapy session.  I have to be super quiet while filming anything.  If she hears me,  she starts to whine.  So funny how she lays her head on the parallel bars in defeat!
 
 
 
 
 
 
  

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Ashley's story is breaking my heart..I cry everytime I read an entry. Did you work with her mom?