Monday, August 16, 2010

Girl's Weekend

Our weekend at the Gaylord included: wine, cheese, steak, more wine, pool lounging, shopping, pedicures, movies, magazine reading, and the most delicious brunch I have ever known.  It was over too soon (considering it took me at least 24 hours to relax and realize I had no children to care for).  I woke at 5:45 the first morning.  This is what happens when your body gets 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep.  Did a little better the second morning: 7:30 :) 
 
I had a wonderful time, but was so glad to hug my family when I arrived home yesterday evening!  Never been so happy to resume meal/bath/bed/doctor's appointment duty!  I must admit, I am a bit sluggish today.  Maybe it will take another 24 hours to get back into "mommy mode".  I laid with Ben until he fell asleep last night, hugged Greg very tight all morning, and have held Sadie most of the day (she is very confused!).  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family and mother!
 
 
 

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your outfit and shoes are perfection!

our lady of perpetual stuff and nonsense said...

whatever kind of moisturizer lucy uses, i want to use it, too. she hasn't aged a DAY. you both look FABULOUS.

big love from san antonio,
rachel