Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

I know Mondays aren't really great for anyone, but mine seemed especially challenging.  I woke at 6 am to shower, pack Sadie's diaper bag, prepare Ben's breakfast, tackle some chores, etc.  We barely made it out the door in time, and I was nowhere near ready for the gym.  I'm trying to travel from Ben's school directly to the gym, but I just can't seem to get it all together by the time we need to leave.  My hair was still wet, Sadie had not been fed, I was "sort of" dressed to workout.  We headed back to the house to finish what was started and finally made it back out around 8:30.  On the way to the gym, Greg calls to ask if I can bring his glasses to the clinic.  U-TURN.  I finally make it to the gym a little after nine and head to the daycare.  I sat Sadie on the counter as usual and handed the provider my key tag.  Before I knew it, Sadie had jumped off the counter.  I caught her (sort of). You might ask, "why on earth does this woman sit her baby on the counter?".  Well, its just what I've always done.  She usually just swings her legs back and forth with excitement, and I'm always right next to her.  She came away from it mostly unscathed other than some redness on the right side of her cheek.  She calmed down pretty quickly, but I couldn't leave her there after that.  I felt like the worst mother in the world.  U-TURN.  After some motrin, lots of love, and some book-reading, we were both feeling better.
The dog is having some serious abandonment issues.  He just cries and cries when we leave, even though I'm rarely gone for more than an hour.  I purchased a kennel and hope that will make him feel safe when we are out of the house.  If I can just make myself put the dog in the kennel...
I think I just attract needy dogs.
How can a family of four create so much laundry?  4 loads done, 4 to go.
I look at the calendar and have to laugh.  Every single day is full of something to do, somewhere to be...
I pick Ben up from school, get him a snack, and finally sit down to have a minute to myself and realize...Ben has piano practice.
Retrieve piano books, re-pack diaper bag, listen to dog wimper as I grab my keys...
We arrive home, and begin dinner and baths...
Greg arrives home.  I spend maybe 2 minutes with him, then pass out.
Lovely Monday.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Tried to call you back last night (I swear I had a day just like yours) but I went to voicemail. Today will be better!!!