Monday, November 29, 2010

Advent

We had a wonderful Advent service yesterday.  The children learned about the mystery leading up to His birth, made Advent wreaths, and received their calendars.  Ben's wreath was a little "different" and I'm pretty sure there may be a fire in my house this holiday season, but I couldn't change it.  It was a true Ben original :)
 
 
We then went to lunch.  Ben's choice. Red Lobster.  A bird pooped on my head on the way into the restaurant.  Yes.  A bird pooped on my head,  I'm pretty sure Ben and I laughed for at least an hour :)
 
Today, everything resumes again: school, therapy, workouts, activities.  I'm making Ben cinnamon rolls to start him off right.  Unfortunately, he has decided he wants to pack his lunch right now.  More work :)
 
Speaking of work, I'm really itching to get back to work. Greg and I are talking about it, but it is a difficult situation.  I have a child with developmental disabilities who needs me and yet I want to get out and work.  I love to work!  I'm on a mother's day out list right now, so hopefully I can at least volunteer somewhere if she gets a spot.  This house is smothering me :)

Hope everyone has a happy Monday!


1 comment:

Tricha said...

I know what you mean about not working. I am bored even though I have school. I am looking into substitute teaching in January on the days Emily is on school. Could be interesting.

Did you find angels?

Sorry the bird pooped on you. Not cool, but funny :) I think you are a real trooper for running in the rain. Maybe tomorrow will be a workout for me. :)

Talk to you later