I just asked Sarah "how do you get on this blog thing", she asked why and is now very scared about what I am writing, so as this is new to me please bear with me. And remember that gramer and speelling are not one my strong suits. hahaha
This morning I was out jogging in the new trail near our house. It was a beautiful overcast day and with no distractions it gave me some time to think about this holiday and what it means to me
Some wonderful Thanksgiving memories -
1. Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Bremers riding Mom's and Ann's old "girl bike. Every time we would go out to the garage with Grandpa, and he would get them off the wall and we could ride them around the block. If we were particularly good he would walk us across the street and we could ride on the other block.
2. Grandmas ribs
3. After Thanksgiving dinner going downstairs and taking a nap on the big orange soft fuzzy couch (I think it was orange but I'm color blind so who knows)
4. Playing "touch" football with Aaron in the front yard5. getting chased around the house by Megan, John and Katie
6. Pretend typing on that old typewriter in Grandma and Grandpas basement
7. Playing polish poker
8. sitting on the front porch or in the kitchen in the evening with everyone talking about what the neighbors are up to and the list could go on and on
Some things I am thankful for
My Wife - thank you for being so strong willed that even when I push you away you won't let me, for being so quick to forgive me even when I don't deserve it.
My Son - you make me proud with everything you do, you bring such joy to your sister with just a word
My daughter - you have made me a more patient, loving, better man, and you constantly make me happy
My country- that I was born in a place that affords me the freedoms to be able to do as I please
and to the soldiers and there families that sacrifice so much to keep us free.
My Lord - who is all knowing, all giving, all gracious and never forsakes me even when I am angry or undeserving of his blessing.... he continues to bless me and my family
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and i pray that the lord continues to bless all of you.
Thank you for letting me post my thoughts on this day
ps Sarah will be resuming her blogging duties from here on out