Friday, April 23, 2010

Glutton For Punishment

Today, I tried this.

I can type, but it was difficult to lift a fork to my mouth (it was just a salad) at lunch.  Every muscle in my body is shaking.  There were easy parts and difficult parts.  If you know me, you know I am NOT strong. Cardio? No problem. Strength training? Not so easy for me.  The arm work was the most difficult.  To be honest, I was drenched in sweat by the end of the warm-up.  I do actually want to go back, though.  I can't believe you have to pay extra at the gym to be tortured! It's just wrong.



I also put these away.
For the "average" 20 month old, this is not a difficult transition.  For Sadie girl, it's been a little harder.  She's been practicing with a cup lid for months now, but would gulp, sometimes choke, and, subsequently, throw the cup down.  This week, she's finally starting to control that suck/swallow/breathe pattern with the much faster flow of the cup.  I thought this was a good time to go cold turkey since the softie (aka Greg) is out of the house for the next few days. 


With Greg out of town, I'm actually considering taking the kids here...

and maybe to watch this...


The weather doesn't seem to be cooperating with outdoor play, so I'm planning ahead.
We'll see how interested Sadie is in a non-animated movie.  Very unlikely.


And last, but not least, I'm sending a sizable check to these people.



which means scaling back in some other areas :(
Happy to do it, though! I think...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I Love Bodypump!!! It is so addicting after the first two weeks of not being able to walk correctly :)
Good for you!
-Cindy