Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Few More





We celebrated 3 occasions on this trip:  Greg's 36th birthday (that seems so unreal to me; he acts/looks like he's 18! See zany pic above), Father's Day, and our 8th anniversary!

Tuesday evening (on day 1 of our trip home), Sadie decided she wanted to cut the trip short.  She woke @ 11:51 pm and proceeded to scream until 3 am.  Greg and I tried everything.  We read to her, rocked her, walked her, fed her, gave her milk, etc.  Finally, I took her down to the car to let her watch a movie.  She was calm for part of it, but then started wailing again.  I contemplated driving her around Daphne, Alabama, but decided it would be best to pack it up and get on the road.  If we were driving, we might as well be heading home.  Greg agreed, so we left soon after 3 am.  I took the first shift, and she was out in no time.  This was Sadie's 4th hotel in 10 days, and I think she was just telling us she was done.  She did great everywhere else.  This was also the cheapest hotel of our stay....hmm...maybe she is a hotel snob like her momma :)


 
 Here are the happy babes at home last night.

It was a wonderful trip, but it also feels great to be home!  We arrived at the house to find an acceptance letter for Hudson Pep.  Ben is very excited and we are happy for him.  He always welcomes change, and I know he will do wonderfully with the transition. 

Today we resumed routine: therapy, worksheets, legos, sandwiches (tears), gym (ouch), cleaning, and laundry.

Off to do some more piles!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I can't believe you didn't tell me he got in when I talked to you yesterday!!! SQUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!


So proud of him!!! He is so smart, just like his mother!