Monday, May 3, 2010

Aren't We Supposed To Rest On Sundays?

This morning, Greg and I woke early. Sadly, he sets his alarm for 6:15 on work weekends, and I just can't get back to sleep.  Ben woke around 7:15, and Sadie didn't wake until after 8!  I was able to make beds, load/run dishwasher, iron clothes for church, take a hot bath, etc. Can I get an AMEN!?  We picked up some pinto beans and eggs for Sadie on the way to church from our neaby taco stand.  I stole a few bites, but that girl was hungry and didn't share very much!
 
Ben was the only child at Sunday School, but it was such a blessing.  Ms. Reagan brought the High School class into the Godly playroom to play games, read scripture, and pray.  Ben LOVED being with the "older crowd".  A little too much in fact.  He is such the class clown.  He schooled them on last week's 1st grade spelling words (they got 'em right, but had fear in their eyes) and the first five Ten Commandments.
 
I promised him I would sit in the balcony.  He begs me weekly, and I thought I would be a good sport (considering his birthday is coming up). Not a good idea.  Enough said.
When it came time for his birthday blessing, he ran down the aisle with a sucker in his mouth.  Perfect.  I felt like I was chasing a 2 year old again (but this time lugging a 25 pounder on my hip).
By the time church was over, I was sooo not up for a restaurant, so we headed to Kroger for a few items.  Ben and Sadie ate popcorn chicken and fries from the deli. I won't be getting the Mom of the Year award anytime soon!
 
Later, we headed to his third karate tournament. 
 
 


This time I actually screamed for him!  VERY EXCITING!

We headed to Baskin Robbins for a post-tournament treat!

We finally made it home around 5:30.
I made my "to do" list for the week (not pretty), attempted some therapy with Sadie, bathed the kiddos, and collapsed on the couch!


 
 

No comments: