Thursday, May 27, 2010

Final Field Trip


I am proud to say I have made it to every single one of Ben's field trips this year.  I'm always assigned to a car full of crazy boys, and I haven't lost one yet!
Yesterday, we went to the splash pad in a neighboring town.  As soon as we pulled up, we saw two big yellow school buses pull in.  Chaos.  I have NEVER seen it this packed.  We made the best of it, though, alternating splash time with water balloon fights and kickball.  Well, I can't say I watched the kids during kickball.  I'm heat intolerant about this time of year.  My body needs to acclimate SLOWLY.  Our sweet room mom, Karla, was so wonderful to plan everything  (and watch the kids while they played kickball in this 100 degree weather).  I'm so glad we arrived early and were able to claim the pavilion, where the children ate pizza, dranks TONS of water, and had some periods of rest.  We were also able to keep a very close eye on anyone who tried to leave the fenced in area.






Ben's best bud, Robin, leaves for Scotland tomorrow.  He is moving away, and Ben is very sad.



Chris, Nathan, Jordan, and Ben


Josephine, Emily, Maylea, Brinkley, and Alyssa


Loading up the water guns

We made it safely back to school, and then it started to POUR, so we ate our ice cream sundaes inside.  You would have thought those children had never tasted ice cream! Most had two sundaes!  Luckily, we were able to give them back to their parents just as the sugar started to hit their bloodstream.

Last night, I grilled bacon-wrapped filet and served it with peas/mushrooms and deviled eggs.  I made 1/2 dozen eggs and didn't get ONE.  Greg was a hungry boy!

No comments: